Thursday 30 October 2014

A Movie I'd Like to Watch Again

Hi Blogheads.

Today I’m going to talk about a film I’ve seen that I’d like to watch again. I love watching films and there are a number of films I’ve seen more than once. Actually, there are some films that I’ve seen on numerous occasions: Mad Max 2 – 8 times in a weekend, Rumblefish – at least a dozen times, Brazil – a handful of times, and the list goes on. The last film I re-watched was Cloud Atlas. I saw it at the cinema when it came out (a friend gave me free tickets), and I saw it again on DVD about 2 weeks ago.
At the moment, I think the film I’d most like to see again is Fish Tank, a film about a young teenage girl growing up in a poor, working-class district of London. It’s a drama that really demonstrates some of the difficulties teenagers face growing up in modern society. My sister recommended the film to me and I went to see it in either Cine Arte Alameda or El Biogrofo in 2009. The film is a modern British social drama.  There are great performances from Katie Javis  - as Mia the dance-crazy teenager – and Michael Fassbender – as Connor, who is Mia’s mother’s boyfriend.  Child actor Rebecca Griffiths is also brilliant as Tyler – Mia’s foul-mouthed younger sister. I’d like to see this movie again because I really enjoyed the wonderful performances, because it reminded me of life in Britain, and because it was weirdly wonderful. The film is from 2009 and was directed by Andrea Arnold who also wrote and produced the excellent Red Road in 2006. Actually, that’s another film I’ve like to watch again:)

 
Write about a film you’d like to watch again.
Say:
When and where you say it for the first time,
What it’s about,
Who starred in the film,
Why you’d like to see it again. 

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.


9 comments: