Thursday 23 October 2014

A Concert or Exhibition

Hi Blogheads: Today I'd like you to write about a concert or exhibition you went to. I'm going to tell you about the last gig (concert) I went to. So, on October 9th, I went to see Damon Albarn in Teatro Caupolican. It was a really great show. I was never really a fan of Blur, the group Albarn became famous with, but I liked the Gorilaz stuff and loved The Good, The Bad & The Queen. This concert featured songs from all of these sources plus tracks from Albarn's latest solo album - Everyday Robots. The musicians were top quality and they put on a fine show. The band were joined by special guests including a rapper, an 8-piece Gospel choir, and a Norwegian trumpet player. I liked the fact that the concert was varied. Damon had a really good connection with the audience and it was a great atmosphere - lots of sing-a-longs and friendly banter. Teatro Caupolican is a great place to see live acts, especially if you are in the standing area. It's a very intimate venue and this helped make Damon Albarn's gig something special. The only bad thing was that the crowd didn't encourage the band to do a second encore. This is a major flaw in nearly all the concerts I've been to here.



Write about a concert or exhibition you went to.
Say:
What (who) it was,
When and where it was,
Why you went,
What you liked about it,

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 250 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

10 comments:

  1. I think the same of the Teatro Caupolican, its great place to see concert but only if you are in the standing area. because the chair don't are comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Damon Albarn when I was 18 years old!! Today I listen other music, but I like Damon yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only attended one concert but it was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. great topic! jujuju

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crowd in Chile can be very bored people sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. i also think that Caupolican its a good place to see a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this music, is very pleasant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like a song of this group called "song 2"

    ReplyDelete