Thursday 28 August 2014

A Special Place in Santiago

Hi Blogheads,
Today I'll you to write about a special place in Santiago. Actually, there are a number of places I could choose but I'm going to write about La Vega.
For many years I stupidly thought that La Vega Chica was La Vega. Then one day about 5 years ago my wife and I were stolling around the city and we wandered into "the real thing". I was amazed that I'd managed to live 10 years in the city without having been before. I enjoy visiting La Vega because it's colourful and full of life. Additionally, it's cheap and you can find fruit and vegetables that you don't find in the supermarkets or smaller street markets. I only go once every couple of months now because it's a popular place and it often takes time to find a parking space. I guess I could go on foot but then you have to limited how much you buy (you can only buy as much as you can carry!).
I usually go with my wife but it's quicker if I go on my own. I like the fact that you can buy other groceries like dairy products and glazed fruits. Recently, a lot of Peruvian stores have appeared and many of them sell deserts and cakes. I think the best time to go is any long weekend, there are always less people then. Also, it's better to go at 9 am than 11am as the earlier you go the less people there are.
Write about a special place in Santiago that you like to visit.

Say:

Where it is,
hen you went there the first time,
Who you go with,
What you do there,
Why you like it.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

11 comments:

  1. Cheap really? Am I think that feria Lo Valledor, is the most cheap and big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vega, I always go to buy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to La Vega but I would like to go soon. Maybe with friends so I don't get too bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this place because have many places to eat a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice place, nice prices :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. is similar to La Vega de Lo Valledor, but is normally see in marchm, students pick up garbage or vegetal waste for "mechoneo" xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like fresh fruit and vegetables but I don't like go to La vega alone :c

    ReplyDelete
  8. the vega is a good places for bay fruit and vegetable, but sometimes is annoying the litter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Vega remember me to my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vega is a convenient place to buy vegetables.

    ReplyDelete